I did a few things differently, this time, so here's the rundown:
Pattern: Simplicity 4243, View D with the sleeves from View A / B
40cm of an unknown print I received in a scrap pack recently (sorry, can't find it on the Fabricworm website, and the selvedge was no help)
A teensy bit of pink poly-cotton from the stash
Miraculously similar bias binding from the stash
- I didn't have enough pink for the sleeves, so I shortened them by about 1.5cm (ie. I made them as long as my fabric would let me) and then bound them with the floral material rather than hemming the sleeve as described in the pattern.
- I bound the bottom with bias binding, rather than hemming it, meaning that the finished length is slightly longer than the pattern.
- I made my own facing patterns for the neckline and cut these from the pink fabric, rather than using a bias strip. This also allowed me to use a single button with elastic closure on the back (sorry for the blurry photos). This's the first time I've used this sort of enclosure, and I love it already!
I was about 2" short on the bias binding, and decided that I would sew it on anyway and do something different at the centre back. My 'something different' ended up being to bind it with a leftover piece of the sleeve material. Not the creative approach I had in mind I have to say. Its on the back, and no one will ever see it (or the mis-matched pattern at the centre back seam), but it annoys me that it looks tacked on. I could have joined my strip to the bias binding and made it look a whole lot better if I had thought more before sewing. Of course, I could also unstitch it and re-do it, but we all know that's unlikely!