As I mentioned, I was inspired by the Schoolboy's Big Ben poster, and immediately pulled out one of my vintage Vogue patterns. I enlarged the envelope illustration, and made a start. It didn't take too long to work out that the texta that the Schoolboy used was way too thick for my purposes. Fast forward a week, and after spending way too much time faffing around with my Rotring pens, I finally came to the conclusion that leaving them sit for 20 years and then expecting to resurrect them was asking a bit much!
I ended up using a 0.5mm 'Pentel for Film' marker that I thought I'd lost. The actual drawing was quite quick, and here's my drawing after stage 1:
I'm finding it harder to find time to keep going than to actually do the construction, so here's where I'm up to now:
Here's a peek at how it looks underneath the top tracing paper layer. The process's quite simple, but I plan to show you more of a 'how to' once I'm finished...
I'm off to sign up and check out the new 'creative spaces' over here and here. I know, I know, if I did less of that I might be finished the picture by now, but I do love seeing what everyone else is up to!