I used "Naturally Sensation", a 10 ply merino/angora blend from New Zealand, which's given the cardigan a bit of a fuzzy look.
I made a few alterations to the pattern:
- I decided that knitting the sleeves in the round was too fiddly, and knitted them straight - I figured that I could handle stitching an underarm seam if I didn't have to worry about any side/shoulder ones!
- After knitting one sleeve I decided it was a little too close-fitting for my liking that they were too thin (or my arms weren't thin enough!), and re-did it with an extra four stitches in each;
- After I'd taken the whole lot down to Darn Cheap Fabrics to buy buttons yesterday I decided that I liked it best with 1"/25mm buttons (the holes in the pattern fitted 18mm buttons), so I bought them, then redid the button holes with 5 cast-off stitches rather than the k2tog/YO2 buttonhole the pattern recommended. I also realigned them so that they matched the bands on the yoke a little better.