Sunday, October 23, 2011

On a roll...

Three posts in four days.  What's come over me?!?

Last night the Cyclist was away, and tradition dictates that no matter how tired I am I'll stay up way too late instead of taking the opportunity for an early night.  Last night was no exception, and here's what I have to show for it:




I've been wanting to make a wrap to carry the Newbie around in, as the one I made when the Kinderboy was a baby was too long and bulky.  I also hadn't done anything to mark the centre of it, and I always had trouble putting it on as a result.  It was really comfortable to carry him with though, even given his size (he was 4.6kg at birth).

Yesterday I found a beautiful knit at Darn Cheap Fabrics that fit the bill (only $3 per metre but its so lovely that I could almost be convinced to go back for more and try my hand at making some clothes out of it, knitphobia or not).  Last night I teamed it up with some Yardage Design 'Swizzle' fabric plus bits from my stash.  I'm really happy with the result, and you never know in a year or so the centre panel may make its way into a cushion cover as originally intended!

If you're thinking of making a wrap for your little one you'll need 5 - 5.5m of fabric, cut to around 50cm wide.  This one's obviously knit, but my previous was a woven fabric.  If you're after a tutorial (including how to put it on) - then try here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really clever AND stylish! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wrap like this for my girls. I think Miss Three And A Half spent the first two months of her life inside it! I love your fabric choices here - rich and gender neutral!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...