I have to confess that until recently I hadn't made any clothes for my kids. I'd made some dresses for my nieces last Christmas, but nothing for the boys. I remember making the girls dresses, and losing the piece of paper that I had their measurements written down on several times during the process. I recently measured up the Schoolboy with a view to making him some pyjama pants, but once again I've lost the measurements. I came across this idea on the Owly Baby blog, and decided that it was fantastic. The only issue is that the picture is rather too girly for my household (and particularly for the Kinderboy who currently declares to all and sundry that Nanna is the only girl he likes!).
This morning I've come up with my own version, the starting point being the diagram in the back of a Burda Kids pattern book I have:
I've added some extra measurements that I thought would be useful, printed them onto A5 paper, trimmed them, then mounted them on card. I covered the lot with Contact, but you could laminate them. This'll mean that rather than reprinting them all the time (and potentially losing them), I'm going to hang them inside my craft cupboard and write on them with overhead projector pen (I've found it to be a bit more permanent than whiteboard marker, but still able to be erased) so I can update the measurements as I need to. Now I just have to find the Schoolboy's measurements...
If you're interested, feel free to download my template, which also has a girl version. Please only use for your own personal purposes however.