This morning I finally finished the 'Christmas Stars' quilt that I started as part of the Chasing Cottons Quilting 101 classes way back in April (two days late according to the Schoolboy, who wanted to put up all the Christmas decorations on Thursday)! Here it is having been washed and hanging on the line to dry on a dull Melbourne summer's day:
I contributed a tutorial to the course, and thought that participating would be a good way of using up some Christmas fabric to make a quilt for under our tree (we put it on a coffee table, and I'm always worried about scratches). Part way along I found out that I was pregnant, and didn't want to finish the quilt until I had some fabric to match the Newbie's Christmas stocking to include. Well, I've made the stocking now, and got extra fabric so I could use some for the quilt binding and behind the label on the back.
Here's some more shots just for good measure...
The fabric's a mixture of leftovers from our stockings, as well as presents I've made for people over the years. The predominantly red floral is one that I bought as a remnant 'just in case' we had need of a fifth stocking a few years ago and cut into triangles only to find out a couple of weeks later that I should have kept it for its original purpose.