Monday, January 16, 2012

Pillowcase dress 1: Simplicity 4243

I've finished my first pillowcase 'dress' (actually, its tunic length on the Newbie, who's a month old today!).  I love the finished product:



Here's the details:

Pattern:  View D of Simplicity 4243
Size:      XS

Modifications:  
Added sleeves as per Views A and B, and added a button placket with two buttons at the back, rather than the recommended zipper

Materials:  
Pillowslip (including lace from base), buttons and bias binding from the stash

Lessons/Comments:  
Read the instructions rather than charging ahead!  The construction process would have been a lot easier if I had have inserted the sleeves before sewing the side seams (as detailed in the instructions) rather than after.  I found the bias facing for the neck difficult to use due to the reasonably tight curve on the neckline - will try a different approach next time I think.

After more inspiration?  I'm linking up here, here and here.

3 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE!!! The lace is beautiful. I wish I had lace like that in my stash. I would love you to share this at my ongoing linky that's exclusively for Girls' Dresses... http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/01/threading-your-way-dresses-for-girls.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jackie,
    I love the dress, it's gorgeus! I'm sure your baby is adorable too !
    Best regards,
    Carmen from Italy, beekeeper and sewer. Also your new follower.
    My blog: http://marnero.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, my! this one is super sweet, too! i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...