Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pyjama pants for the Schoolboy

My Schoolboy has been waiting patiently for me to get around to some sewing for  him.  I guess PJ pants are a good first-step...



In both cases I used size 8 of Burda 9769 (the same pattern I used for the Kinderboy's pants back here).

They're rather slender fitting, and Size 8 is none-too-big around the middle for my skinny just-turned-seven boy.  I shortened the blue pair to shorts, and did away with the side seam on the red and grey pair (I simply pinned the front and back onto the fabric next to one another, overlapping slightly, and cut them out as a single piece).  This made a quick project even quicker!  The Schoolboy was so impressed when I asked him to try the red pair on yesterday morning that he left them on for Nintendo and Totem Tennis, so I guess they have the tick of approval.

The white pyjama top is a cheap Target T-shirt, with some red fabric and blue ribbon ironed and stitched on for the applique.  Not sure whether to add some stripes to the sleeves on the grey T, or if that's effort better used on another project.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhh little kids are great they think that whatever you make it just perfect!
    How adorable.

    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...