Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Trying hard to resist temptation



I have wandering eyes.  I can't help it.  Every time I drive past a hard waste pile I just have to turn and look.  Who knows what treasures might be there, hidden amongst the discarded televisions and cushionless couches?  We were driving home on Sunday night when we passed a pile which looked like it held the contents of someone's lounge room - couch, television, tv cabinet, a picture frame and this little treasure perched on top.  I turned around and went back, my husband protesting, but I think it was worth the sighs and rolled eyes!  The only problem is that now my mind keeps on wandering to it and what it'd look like filled with something red and sparkly for Christmas.  Or maybe with something soft and tactile.  Hmmm need to focus: have to finish the trouser project and a fairy skirt this week, or my Christmas present plan will unravel.

3 comments:

  1. I could not have left that behind either , great score !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at the hyperbolic crochet on kootoyoo and wondering if I have the patience to fill it full of them in blues and greys - time will tell I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE find!! I would have gone back too (with a protesting hubby too lol)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...