Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Owl Babies


We've been away for the weekend, and before I left I'd been doing some net-surfing looking for a pattern for crocheted balls that I could stuff with dacron, when I came across something even better on Roman Sock.

I made my first owl, as per the instructions, in the car on the way to Bright.  Even with my limited crochet experience and the bobbly wool I used it wasn't too hard or too long a process.  I then made incrementally larger owls.  They reminded the boys and I of the characters out of one of our favourite kids books - Owl Babies by Martin Waddell - so we've christened them Sarah and Percy and Bill.  Great project for using up odd pieces of wool - they took less than one ball of the bobbly blue wool between them.  The eyes were buttons and felt I took with me, but if I did larger ones again I'd also enlarge the eyes, because I think that Bill, with his huge eyes is definitely the cutest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...