Wednesday, January 26, 2011
We've been away for the weekend, and before I left I'd been doing some net-surfing looking for a pattern for crocheted balls that I could stuff with dacron, when I came across something even better on Roman Sock.
I made my first owl, as per the instructions, in the car on the way to Bright. Even with my limited crochet experience and the bobbly wool I used it wasn't too hard or too long a process. I then made incrementally larger owls. They reminded the boys and I of the characters out of one of our favourite kids books - Owl Babies by Martin Waddell - so we've christened them Sarah and Percy and Bill. Great project for using up odd pieces of wool - they took less than one ball of the bobbly blue wool between them. The eyes were buttons and felt I took with me, but if I did larger ones again I'd also enlarge the eyes, because I think that Bill, with his huge eyes is definitely the cutest.