This last week I've been thinking about what's good about my [paying] job. I work from home doing house energy ratings / thermal performance assessments (ie. star ratings) for new houses and extensions. It makes quite a change from my previous life as a Council town planner. Here's what I love about it:
- I get to use my brain and talk to adults sometimes
- I get to work from home around my kids
- There's no conflict involved! (planners have to be about the most abused profession both as a group and individually on an almost daily basis, whereas as a TPA I'm on the same side as all my clients)
- I get to help people make their home environment more comfortable, save them money and help the planet at the same time
- The amount of work varies from week to week
- My jobs take a limited amount of time, and I usually have each for less than a week (so there's not the stress of having work hanging over me)
That's me. What about you - what do you love about your work (paid or otherwise)?