Saturday, March 5, 2011

Inspired by...

Photo taken by Jim Smith - Down Under Quilts Issue 140, 2010
I often borrow magazines from our local library, and an issue of Downunder Quilts (Issue 140, 2010) that I borrowed last week has instructions for the perfect quilt to make from my layer cake!  It's called Scrappy Leaves, and was designed by Lorraine Downey (Patchwork Plus in Miranda NSW).  I've never followed a pattern to the letter, and this may or may not be the same, but by my calculations I should be able to make two of these quilts from my Gypsy Rose layer cake plus the background and border fabrics, perfect for my nieces.  Excellent!  I want to make a start straight away, but as usual there are other things in the queue...

... I showed the Schoolboy Deborah's Snack Bandolier, and he's put in an order for himself and for a mate who's birthday party's next Saturday.  Hmm - must remember never to show an idea to Schoolboy unless I'm ready and able to follow through.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that is a lovely quilt. Can't wait to see what you do! Nic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...