Sunday, March 13, 2011

Project 52: Find a festival & see a movie

Daniel's Amazing Banana Muffins

This week its been the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival.  The Man and I don't get out much, so I did some hunting for a boy-friendly activity at the festival, and came up trumps with the Big Feed and Recipe Swap at Artplay last Sunday.  Not sure if I'm the only person in Melbourne who hadn't actually been to Birrung Marr, but now I have.  We had an indoor picnic, provided recipes and did illustrations for a recipe book they're going to put together, the kids went 'fishing' for apples, did painting, watched and chatted to a juggling 'chef', .... two hours of fun for $10 a head.  I'd recommend it if you're free next time it comes around.  The pic's are our contributions to the illustration of the recipe book.

Joel's Best Ever Chocolate Cake
And having said that we don't get out much, I can contradict myself and say that last night we went to the movies (2nd time in 6 months - has to be a record!) and saw the Kings Speech.  I guess it goes without saying that it was fantastic!  Even better was that we'd been given Gold Class tickets as a birthday present, so we could not only relax in style, but eat dinner too (normally a date is either dinner or a movie, but not both 'cos we are too tired to stay out late enough for that!!).

Check out my 'Project 52' page for more of what I've been up to this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...